March 18, 2021 | Thursday
KEEN, an EU funded strategic coalition of four Kosovo-based civil society organizations, whose focuses are in the field of education, employment and social policies, aims to improve the employability of vulnerable groups in Kosovo and their inclusion in both the education sector and labour market by participating in decision making, policy development and policy monitoring at central and local levels, and by facilitating dialogue between education & training institutions and businesses.
Since being established in 2016, the project has managed to:
Improve capacities of civil society organizations for participation in policy dialogue, development and monitoring
• Over 65 representatives of various civil society organizations in Kosovo have attended capacity building training programs for participation in policy making, strategic planning, research methods, monitoring and advocacy.
• Over 20 representatives of various civil society organizations in Kosovo have attended capacity building training programs for organizational management, procurement and finance.
• Study visits to regional and EU countries to learn about good practices of civil society participation in policy-making.
Study on participation and impact of civil society organizations in policy-making and decision-making processes in Kosovo.
Support and contribute to the development of policies/legislation in the field of education, employment and communities
• Support to MEST in drafting Kosovo Education Strategic Plan 2017 – 2021.
• Support to OGG/Office of Prime Minister in drafting the National Strategy for Inclusion of Roma and Ashkali Communities in Kosovo Society 2017 – 2021.
• Support to MLSW in drafting the Sectoral Strategy for Employment and Social Welfare 2018 – 2022.
• Support to MEST in drafting the Administrative Instruction on the establishment and functioning of Learning Centres.
• Organization and support of more than 65 planning workshops throughout the whole process of drafting legislation and strategic documents at national and local level.
• Support to 9 municipalities in drafting Education Strategic Plans.
• Support to 6 municipalities in drafting Local Action Plans for Inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian Communities.
• Over 9 public debates organized on various topics in the field of education, employment and inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.
Monitor key national and local policies on education, employment and inclusion of communities
• 3 monitoring frameworks developed for monitoring and evaluating policies at central level in the field of Education, Employment and Inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.
• 15 monitoring frameworks developed for monitoring the implementation of local action plans for education and communities.
• 14 monitoring reports prepared on the field of education.
• 3 monitoring reports prepared on the field of employment.
• 3 monitoring reports prepared for inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities
• Over 10 advocacy initiatives developed and implemented successfully.
To find more about the project, find the contact adress below:
Kosova Education Center (KEC)
Third Millennium School Compound, Qëndresa Str., no.48, Matiçan, 10000 Prishtina, Kosovo
Tel: +383 (0) 38 244 257 ext. 148