For the third year in a row, the Europe House, supported by the EU Office in Kosovo and Cineuropa, organizes the short film festival “European Film Festival”.
In order to support and promote Kosovan film makers, this year the festival will be open for participation for the first time, enabling Kosovar artists to show their films in Pristina, North Mitrovica, Gjakovë/Ðakovica and “online”, as well as join the competition to win one of the top three prizes:
- Best Film: 1000 EUR*
- Best Actor/Actress: 1000 EUR*
- Best Director: 1000 EUR*
Therefore, through this call, we invite all Kosovan film makers to apply to be part of the festival, and to join the competition for one of the main prizes.
- Short films by all Kosovar film makers are acceptable.
- All genres are acceptable.
- Maximum duration of films should be 30 minutes.
- Only films produced after 1st of January 2018 are accepted.
- All film formats are accepted.
- Only one application (film) from the same applicant/creator is accepted.
- 10 local short films will be selected for screening on the big screen, at three different festival events.
- Films will not be selected based on prizes or selections they have received at previous festivals.
- Selected film makers will be contacted via email.
- The Festival will not cover travel expenses and will not pay the creators to show their films on the big screen.
- The jury is made of professionals from the world of cinema, television, movies.
- The decision of the jury will be irrevocable.
- All three prizes will be awarded based on the assessment of the jury.
- The deadline for the submission of films is 14 July 2021, 17:00.
- Movies may be sent via email to email@example.com with links from various digital streaming platforms (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) and be password protected or inaccessible to the general public.
- Film makers from all communities are encouraged to apply.
* the prices presented are gross; pension contribution and income tax for payments to individuals will be deducted at the time of payment